- Implementing challenging instructional programs
- Building professional capacity in schools, the University, ETS, and MISE
- Developing leadership among teachers, administrators, and University faculty
- Developing a student-centered learning climate in every classroom, and
- Building parent and community support.
The project is focusing on the urgent need for well-prepared and supported middle school mathematics and science teachers via an array of coordinated efforts that address candidate recruitment, teacher preparation, and support of teachers in schools.